Legal and Policies
Last updated: 02/10/2023
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device when you browse the web. These can be useful for a variety of reasons, such as remembering your preferences or helping to improve your online experience.
2. Types of Cookies We Use
Functional Cookies: These are essential for the basic functionalities of our website, like logging in.
Registration Cookies: Used to store registration information ensuring an efficient user experience.
Analytical Cookies: Help us understand how visitors interact with our website, allowing us to improve user experience.
Third-Party Cookies: These are set by external sites and services that appear on our site (e.g., social media plugins).
Tracking Cookies: These monitor your online activity, helping us deliver more relevant content or advertising.
To Enable Features: Such as logging in, purchasing subscriptions, and user interactions.
For Data Collection: We receive and collect information you provide us directly or through automated means. This includes IP addresses, login data, email addresses, passwords, computer and connection details, purchase history, session data like page response times, page interaction details, and methods used to navigate away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable details such as name, address, email, payment details, comments, feedback, reviews, and personal profiles.
Data Collection Method: Primarily, when you transact on our website, your personal details, such as name, address, and email are collected. This data is used for the specific reasons mentioned above, in the case of mergers, provider changes, acquisitions, or as mandated by the law.
Reasons for Data Collection: Our data collection aims to provide and operate our services, offer ongoing customer support, contact our users for service-related notices or promotional messages, create aggregated statistical data, and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
4. Data Storage and Sharing
Our platform is hosted on Wix.com, which provides the necessary infrastructure for our online services. Data storage is facilitated by Wix.com’s secure servers behind a firewall. Direct payment gateways used by us comply with the PCI-DSS standards, ensuring safe credit card data handling.
If you book a service with us, such as a lesson observation or school visit, please note, the contact information you provide in order to carry out the service, will be provided with the relevant member of staff visiting the school, or observing the lesson.
We may contact users for reasons such as account notifications, disputes, fee collections, surveys, company updates, or legal reasons. The contact methods include emails, phone calls, text messages, and postal mail.
6. Withdrawing Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent for data processing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, note that this will terminate your subscription and access to the website without any refund or compensation. For inquiries about your personal data, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
7. GDPR and Data Compliance
"Paradiso Enterprises Ltd." is a UK-based business and is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office). We are committed to GDPR compliance and ensuring the protection of our users' data. In the event of any data breaches, we will inform the ICO as mandated by the regulations.
8. Updates to This Policy
1. Personal Data Collection
When you engage in transactions on our website, such as registering or making a purchase, we collect the following information:
Name, address, email, and other registration-related data
IP address and browsing behavior
Payment details, such as credit card information
Feedback, comments, product reviews, and other content you submit
2. Purpose of Data Collection
We gather personal and non-personal information to:
Provide and enhance our services
Offer customer support and technical assistance
Communicate with users regarding service updates, promotions, or other notifications
Create aggregated statistical data for service improvement
Comply with relevant laws and regulations
3. Data Storage, Hosting, and Security
Our website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online tools and architecture that facilitate the sale of our products and services. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases, and applications. Wix employs robust data protection measures, including firewalls and encrypted data storage.
Furthermore, the direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and utilized by our site conform to the standards established by PCI-DSS. This ensures the secure handling of credit card information.
4. Data Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to third parties. However, your data may be shared:
With third-party services that support our operations (e.g., payment processors)
If you book a service with us, like a lesson observation or school visit, the contact information you provide to execute the service will be shared with the relevant staff member visiting the school or observing the lesson.
To comply with legal obligations or in response to legal actions
In case of company mergers, provider changes, or acquisitions
We may contact you for various purposes, including account-related notifications, disputes, fee collections, feedback solicitation, or promotional messages. We use different communication means such as emails, phone calls, text messages, and mail. As per EU law, users reserve the right to unsubscribe from newsletters and marketing emails at any time.
6. Withdrawing Consent
To withdraw your consent for data processing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: this will result in the termination of your subscription and access to the website without refund or compensation.
7. GDPR and Data Compliance
Paradiso Enterprises Ltd. is a UK-based business registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office). We are committed to GDPR compliance and the secure management of our users' data. In case of data breaches, we will notify the ICO and the affected individuals as required by law.
8. Rights to Your Data
You have the right to:
Request access to your data
Seek corrections to inaccurate data
Request data deletion (under certain conditions)
Object to data processing
Limit data processing
To exercise these rights, contact us at email@example.com.
9. Updates to This Policy
Subscription "Spanish Teacher Plan" Terms and Conditions
Subscription Terms and Conditions for "Languages on a Plate" – "Spanish Teacher Plan"
By "Paradiso Enterprises Ltd."
Last updated: 02/10/2023
2. Subscription and Entitlement: Upon completion of the subscription process and payment, You receive a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Service and its resources.
4. Refund Policy: Refunds will be processed only in exceptional circumstances of duplicate registration. Post initiation of subscription, no further reimbursements are provided except as explicitly stated.
5. Limitation on Use: Resources are for the named Subscriber's teaching activities only. Sharing, selling, or distributing content, modified or otherwise, is strictly prohibited.
6. Content and Reliability: Our resources supplement, but do not replace, any official exam board information. Subscribers are responsible for ensuring content aligns with respective exam board requirements.
7. Website Availability: We are not liable for website downtimes beyond our control. No refunds or compensations will be issued for such unavailability.
8. Termination of Account: We reserve the right to cancel accounts at our discretion. Accounts may also be terminated upon breach of these Terms or other policies.
9. Technological Compatibility: We are not liable for any tech-related issues arising from accessing our content.
11. External Links: We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies, or practices of external links.
12. Curriculum Relevance: Our resources are based on UK curriculums. It is the Subscriber's responsibility to adapt content to local education regulations where required.
13. Copyright Issues:
We conduct rigorous due diligence to ensure that all content we offer respects intellectual property rights and doesn't infringe on any copyrights.
If you believe that any content violates your copyright, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific details. We will promptly investigate and address your concerns.
14. Subscription Renewal: The service auto-renews annually. Cancellations before renewal do not entitle refunds or compensation for unused days.
15. Pricing: We reserve the right to adjust subscription pricing for future renewals.
16. Business Continuity: We may cancel subscriptions if our business undergoes significant changes, such as mergers or closure.
19. Withdrawal of Consent: To withdraw consent for data processing, contact email@example.com. This will terminate your subscription without compensation.
20. Amendments: We may revise these Terms periodically. Review regularly to stay informed. Significant changes will be notified on our website.
21. Dispute Resolution: Disputes arising from these Terms shall first be addressed amicably, then through mediation. If unresolved, disputes fall under the jurisdiction of UK courts.
22. Governing Law: These Terms are governed by UK and EU law.
Newsletter and Emailing Policy
Newsletter and Emailing Policy for "Languages on a Plate" by "Paradiso Enterprises Ltd."
Last Updated: 02/10/2023
1. Introduction: This Newsletter and Emailing Policy outlines the protocols followed by "Languages on a Plate", operated by Paradiso Enterprises Ltd., for sending newsletters and other email communications. We adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to safeguard the rights of our users.
2. Consent: By checking the designated box when signing up or interacting with our website, users ("You") consent to receive newsletters and other related email communications from us. We gather and use your email address based on this explicit consent.
3. Purpose of Email Communications:
Newsletters: Contain information about our latest resources, updates, promotions, and news.
Important Account Communications: Address critical aspects of your account, including subscription renewals, payment issues, terms updates, and other service-related matters.
Every newsletter and promotional email contains an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom. By clicking this link, you can opt out of receiving such emails in the future.
Unsubscribing from our newsletters will not impact essential account communications. These communications are necessary to ensure the seamless functioning of your account and our services.
5. Data Protection and Privacy:
We value your privacy. We do not sell, rent, or trade your email address to third parties.
We use secure methods to send our newsletters and emails, ensuring data protection at all times.
6. Contact Us: For any concerns or queries related to this policy or your email preferences, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Amendments: We reserve the right to update this policy periodically. It is advisable to review it regularly to remain informed. Significant changes will be communicated on our website.